Numéro Cinq, an excellent online literary journal founded by Douglas Glover, have very kindly highlighted an article I wrote for 3:AM on the subject of fictional cities. It’s opportune timing as I’ve recently started to expand the essay into a full-length book for publication next year after some encouraging and very generous responses to it. It’s also a good excuse to explore some new cities under the spurious guise of research. One of my favourite writers on literature, especially modernism, Juliet Jacques has given me an interesting idea for the form the book will take, one that I don’t think has been done before and which is modernist in itself. All that remains is to write the wretched thing. Onwards and upwards.
- Night then https://t.co/4LrRaRhnE8 6 hours ago
- RT @fantasticoco: Miguel Rodrigo Mazuré's 1969 'Machu Pichu Hotel' hovering over the Andes Mountains as an invading form for foreign touris… 7 hours ago
- Laurie Anderson on Buckminster Fuller youtube.com/watch?v=Xwjv8e… (best avoided if strobes are a problem) 7 hours ago
- I've decided to live inside Pavilion. I don't think there's Wi-Fi so if you want to talk send a crow to the ruins… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago
- Twenty years ago and still sounds like the future youtube.com/watch?v=rUQquA… 9 hours ago