Numéro Cinq, an excellent online literary journal founded by Douglas Glover, have very kindly highlighted an article I wrote for 3:AM on the subject of fictional cities. It’s opportune timing as I’ve recently started to expand the essay into a full-length book for publication next year after some encouraging and very generous responses to it. It’s also a good excuse to explore some new cities under the spurious guise of research. One of my favourite writers on literature, especially modernism, Juliet Jacques has given me an interesting idea for the form the book will take, one that I don’t think has been done before and which is modernist in itself. All that remains is to write the wretched thing. Onwards and upwards.
- RT @ianmcque: https://t.co/6f7o68sk0a 1 hour ago
- RT @Furmadamadam: Maishima Incineration & Power Plant, Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Osaka 2000-2004 https://t.co/rZ4CCIUU9R 1 hour ago
- [In the woods] "I'll sit up & get some writing done. Some music then... let's see... ah Twin Peaks" [presses play] youtube.com/watch?v=T8g_xp… 2 hours ago
- Playing Tokyo 42. I want to live in its cityscape tokyo42.com https://t.co/1t7WliW7uL 3 hours ago
- Writing about Frank Lloyd Wright’s unbuilt Ellis Island. https://t.co/8qJLZo3h77 6 hours ago