If any of my beloved but amoebic readership chance upon this and happen to be in the vicinity of Derry on the night of Saturday, April the 20th, come to Sandinos, the finest Bolshevik-riddled ale-hole on this godforsaken island (I mean that in the best possible sense). My friends Matt & Joe (formerly of Kling Klang & Part Chimp) are starting what promises to be an obnoxiously-good music night called End Boss, the first featuring Dublin, Liverpool & Derry’s finest: TwinKranes, The Left Hand & Strength. Despite having no knowledge of how to do such a thing, I’m arranging the visuals. Expect Jules Verne, Méliès, Cocteau & Vorkapić, early Dada/Surrealist films, Eastern Bloc animations, German Expressionism & deranged advertisements from the ’50’s interspersed with the sound of a grown man crying as he struggles with his neanderthal grasp of technology. Despite all the indications to the contrary, it will be very good craic.
- RT @ianmcque: https://t.co/6f7o68sk0a 1 hour ago
- RT @Furmadamadam: Maishima Incineration & Power Plant, Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Osaka 2000-2004 https://t.co/rZ4CCIUU9R 2 hours ago
- [In the woods] "I'll sit up & get some writing done. Some music then... let's see... ah Twin Peaks" [presses play] youtube.com/watch?v=T8g_xp… 3 hours ago
- Playing Tokyo 42. I want to live in its cityscape tokyo42.com https://t.co/1t7WliW7uL 4 hours ago
- Writing about Frank Lloyd Wright’s unbuilt Ellis Island. https://t.co/8qJLZo3h77 6 hours ago